And now… a week later than planned, the wrap-up post for the Strange Chemistry and Exhibit A Reading Month! (dun dun DUUUUN) I hope everyone who participated had a lovely time with the book or books they chose to read! At the bottom of the post you’ll find a shiny new linkie for any posts I may have missed and thus failed to include.
For my own participation, I set out to read 7 books:
- Zenn Scarlett by Christian Schoon
- Playing Tyler by T. L. Costa
- Stolen Songbird by Danielle Jensen
- Feather Bound by Sarah Raughley (discussed in the monthly round-up post)
- Blackwood by Gwenda Bond (discussed in the monthly round-up post)
- Pantomime by Laura Lam
- Essence by Lisa Ann O’Kane
And, as I mentioned earlier, I read all seven of them. WHOOHOO! And I also went out and used my emergency funding to buy a few more. Notably:
- Black Dog by Rachel Neumeier
- Under Nameless Stars by Christian Schoon
- Shadowplay by Laura Lam
I am excite! They’re not on the September list of things I want to read since I’ve pushed books by friends or books I’ve been promising friends I’d read for months to the backburner to revel in Strange Chemistry books in August. It’s their turn this month. I opted not to review two books since I could not, in good conscience, do so in the spirit of the month. (I’m really sorry! I wanted to love everything.) I also didn’t manage to read any Exhibit A Books. I’m a very mixed bag about this, because I knew from the get-go that’d be a tough one. It’s just not my genre and I don’t know where to start or what to look at. Mostly I’m sad I couldn’t give those authors a better shout-out.
Grace from Books Without Any Pictures has read several books for the reading month:
- The Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- The Pirate’s Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- The Automaton’s Treasure by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- The Witch’s Betrayal by Cassandra Rose Clarke
The latter two are short story prequels. Grace has also reviewed a few Strange Chemistry books before the Reading Month began and was kind enough to round up the links at the beginning of the month here and I heartily recommend checking them out.
Ellie from Curiosity Killed the Bookworm has also read several books:
- The Woken Gods by Gwenda Bond
- Vestigial Tales: The Snake Charm, The Fisherman’s Net and The Tarot Reader by Laura Lam (technically these aren’t Strange Chem, but they’re related to Lam’s Pantomime, which obviously is. ^_^)
I’m really sorry if I’ve missed anyone or any specific posts that people have made! Drop the link in the comments or use the Mister Linkie to let people know about them if you have any I missed.
Thanks to everyone who participated or wanted to participate and spread the word! May the authors affected by the closing of Strange Chemistry and Exhibit A Books all find good new homes and may their careers continue on an upwards slant!
Farewell, Strange Chemistry and Exhibit A Books. You shall be missed, but the stories that you published shall live on in the authors and their careers. May they write and publish many more works for us to enjoy!