January’s list here is liable to be incomplete. I’m scheduling this quite a few days in advance just to be sure that the posting schedule isn’t messed up too badly by the move.
- Upcoming Plans January 2017
- Culture Consumption December 2016
- Rapunzel, Rapunzel Teaser 5
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 4
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 5
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 6
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 7
- Film Talk: Sailor Moon Episode 3: Slim City (Original Dub)
- Film Talk: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Episode 4
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 8
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 9
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 10
- Rapunzel, Rapunzel Teaser 6 (Final One!)
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 11
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 12
- Bilingual Read-through of HEX
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 13
- Interview at The Dabbler and Other People Being Absolutely Awesome
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 14
- Film Talk: Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Episode 5
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 15
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 16
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 17
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 18
- Book Release: Rapunzel, Rapunzel
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 19
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 20
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 21
- Book Talk: HEX, Chapter 22
- Goal Review January 2017
Survival Rout by Ana Mardoll: My thoughts can be read here, but overall I just wasn’t a fan. I think that, as an ace spec reader, I just wasn’t part of the intended audience. T_T If you like (or don’t mind) romances that focus heavily on lust and the story as a whole sounds like your kind of read, do look into it. You’ll probably enjoy it far more than I did. ^_^ There’s a lot of diversity and a bunch of #ownvoices representation in it as well! It just… wasn’t my kind of book.
The Sea of Little Fishes by Terry Pratchett: Oh, to see Granny Weatherwax again. This was lovely and quite a lot of fun.
A Courtship of Dragons by Becca Lusher: Still a sweet little m/m interlude between books and as we wait for the edits she’s working on to be finished. I love how different Mastekh and Estenarven are. They’re both adorable in entirely different ways.
HEX by Thomas Olde Heuvelt: Still not a fan of this book, but we’re past the halfway point in every way you could possibly want to count it! WHOOHOO! GO ME. And may you enjoy all the lovely bits of infomation I’ve tried to pack into my attempt at entertaining commentary. You can now also find an index page for the posts here.
Rift Riders by Becca Lusher: We’re nearing the end of the book slowly and its already tense atmosphere is only getting tenser as the questions and secrets continue to pile up. Will we get some of the answers we’re hoping for before the book is done? Who knows! But we’ll definitely get a lot of action and a chance to worry about your favourite characters. (If your favourite character is silly nakhound Bumble, you can probably breathe easily, though. Probably.)
Viral Airwaves by Claudie Arseneault: Henry is the most adorable noodle. I heart him. I’m enjoying this a lot. I would have liked to see the prose a little more tightened and polished, but the story is solid and entertaining and I have been happily recommending it to anyone and everyone. It’s just a lot of fun.
Thief ~ The Dark Project: Well, technically it’s Thief: Gold. I’ll be leaving behind my desktop for who knows how long, so I’ve been playing through some of the levels just to indulge in having a proper game computer at my disposal until I can figure out the move and everything associated with it. Such as how to safely transport a big desktop computer between countries. (Disclaimer: I am not looking for suggestions.)
Seven Kingdoms ~ The Princess Problem: YAY, more alpha content! Still enjoying this game SO MUCH. Aly’s also expanded the public demo to week 5 temporarily. The demo will return to its original length of 3 weeks of gameplay once it reaches Early Access stage. It was already pretty big and offering hours of replay value at 3 weeks. It’s only gotten bigger. Give it a try! As for me, I’m bemused by the way I’ve gotten attached to some of the temporary artwork and just don’t want to see it go.
Things! I don’t even remember what I’ve been watching, but I’ve been watching things!