I Want to Read:
- Welcome to Bordertown by Various Authors
- The Summer Prince by Alaya Dawn Johnson
- On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis (reread)
- Stranger by Sherwood Smith and Rachel Manija Brown (reread)
I Want to Write:
- I juuuuuuuust want to finish this booooooook and rewrite the ending that is aaaaaaaaaall universe. T_T
- Also if I could get started on one of the fairytale retellings faintly bouncing in my brain that would be terrific
- Also the short stories bouncing around in my head. If I could not have a zillion taking up space, that would be good, please and thank you, brain.
I have accomplished ALL THE THINGS OMG!
Okay, no. Fine. I did not manage to get started on the fairytale retellings or the short stories, but EVERYTHING ELSE I ACCOMPLISHED AND IT WAS AMAZING.
I finally finally finally finished the first DemiPrincess book. I still don’t know quite what I want to do with it. I expect I won’t until book 2 is in revision, to be honest. But it’s finished in the sense that it’s at the stage where I’m happy to consider whether to aim at traditional publishing or to stick with indie. Finally!
And I read a ton. As I sit here, writing this, I’ve managed to read 12 books! Which is 1 less than last month, but also one of them is a chunkster and last month I read no chunksters at all, so… And I read all the books on my goals list. :O :O :O :O
So. Yeah. In that sense it was a good month. Considering I also started (and so far have trouble keeping on top of) a short college program, job applications, discovering baking, and various nonfiction projects, and dayjob work, I am very pleased. One day I will look at what I do and find it impressive instead of sighing at all the ways in which I could have done more if only. Today is not that day.
Today, as I write this, also, I will keel over and sleep in a little bit. But hey I’m managing to get this post written up on time. That’s also a good bonus! GO ME!