I Want to Read:
- The Bone Doll’s Twin by Lynn Flewelling
- Shadowsong by S. Jae-Jones
- Flesh and Fire by Laura Anne Gilman
I Want to Write:
- 5,000 words of DemiPrincess2
- Finish RibbonDancer
- 1,000 words of Patreon short story for March
- 5 poems for the next fairytale retelling project
This should be doable, right? I mean, it’s less than I’ve accomplished the past few months in general. Of course I’ve also got a bunch of things going on that I also need time for, but it should all still be doable. Probably.
Things I am also working on (this month):
- A draft version of an essay on common tropes in the way asexual characters are depicted in fiction (that features canon ace characters)
- Changes for the draft video you may have seen linked in the round-up, so I can make it a proper, worked out video
- Plot out more videos in the series (and maybe record some)
- Poke people I’ve sent nonfiction pitches to
- Job applications (yes, still; I swear this country hates me, can I go home yet?)
- Copyediting! (Most likely)
- Dayjob things
- Studying! (I appear to have picked the most teaching-heavy college program module in IT-history because, clearly, when I said “I want to study something IT-related and absolutely definitely not teaching-related” what I meant was “I want to study teaching in more detail but with a very heavy IT-flavour”. Go me? I mean, it’s interesting and useful and fascinating, but I was actually actively attempting to avoid didactics? Although my objection to teaching is more to do with the fact that I don’t do well in front of classrooms filled with younger teenagers than to the actual teaching.)
- Pick up live reactions again!
- Finally work out a let’s play (I have decided on a game! I just… actually need to, IDK, record it.)
- Moar baking!
- Work on the SFS e-boxset/collection
- Redo the covers for SFS and Harmony so they match and they’re ready to go for their updated editions once the next fairytale retelling is done and ready to be published. 😀
- Redo the cover for Rapunzel to match the others. Or at least get started on redoing it.
Somewhere in there I also plan to sleep. And eat. And, uh, keep on top of my email and interactions with people. And maybe if I actually manage to finish things on time, send things out to online magazines and such and gather some more rejections for my collection. And try to actually watch some of the stuff I’ve got on my to-watch list.