Hi, everyone! It’s that time again! Weekly updates delivered every Friday!
- 9/4 print format checks
- 5,786/15,000 words of fiction written
- 0/1 proper paper introduction
- 0/1 polish Sing to Me essay
- 2/12 books read
- 0% playtest YPHD (mostly I just want to check the meta-narrative is the best it can be and tweak as necessary then work on the final things to tidy it up and it’ll be ready to be released! :O It’ll be my first Twine interactive fiction piece!)
- 1/4 discussions of papers in Asexualities
This Week’s Fiction Wordcount: 5,876
This Week’s Non-Fiction Wordcount: 2,686
DemiPrincess2: Well, going back to this is certainly taking longer than I thought it would. Gah. I thought these chapters would be nice and quick to rework, but I’m actually making a fair few changes to them. Eep. Still, I will persevere and the book will be better for it. I may need to revise the timeline, though, because I did not anticipate having to make quite so many changes. Ugh. I hate that. One of the things that drew out reworking the chapter I just finished is that I wanted to see if I could queer it up a little more. I’ll have to poke at some more later, but for now it’s as queer as it’ll get and I just want to move on. It’s one thing to backtrack and make changes because you feel you got stuck on something. It’s entirely different to then refuse to move forward to sort out less plot-impactful things.
Life And Other Such Important Matters
I am so incredibly tired. The neighbours have got a newborn baby (well, one that’s a few weeks old now), but we have extremely thin walls and I’m ridiculously sensitive, so white noise or earplugs are both out. So is, apparently, actual, continuous sleep. Yay.
Beyond that all I can do is flop on flat surfaces and pretend I’m awake. Fun times. But! We did go out to get plants today! Not that I’m any good with gardening, but they’re pretty? And also I don’t have to look after them, so it’s unlikely I’ll be the one causing their demise? (The wild rabbits, though? Most likely.)
Stand-out Positive Moment
There was one night recently where I actually and genuinely slept! I know that’s a really tiny and somewhat petty thing, but. I did. [faceplants]
This Week on Patreon
All the Patreon posts from the past week, collected in neat and tidy lists, divided by tier.
- Lynn rambles about… Hugo Awards Nominees, Part 3
- Audio: The Bravest Little Engine and the Nethertrain
- Let’s Read! Chapter 10 of Asexualities
How about you? What have you been up to lately? Has anything awesome happened?