Hi, everyone! It’s that time again! Monthly news and accountability! September’s always a difficult month for me timewise. Lots of family things to deal with, lots of scheduling upheaval, lots of disrupted sleep schedules… It’s basically The Month In Which I Get Nothing Done.
But this time with deadlines.
Life And Other Such Important Matters
[nods up] Like I said, September is generally incredibly busy. I promised some updates, though, so! First of all, my paper is back to not-cooperating (but I’ve almost got it sorted out; I would like it if they didn’t fight me quite this badly), so I actually missed my (self-imposed, thankfully) deadline. Now it’s down to hard work and sheer stubbornness. (No, don’t worry. It’s fine.) And then, hopefully, I will get a chance to talk about it in more detail. I just. I’m excited (which isn’t really helping).
But, no, the main issue is lots of family drama and stress and, sigh, I’ll be honest, struggling in general. Just this morning, I got to wake up to the neighbours being verbally abusive at one another – again – and I don’t think I’ve had a day this past week that did not involve people being verbally abusive loudly. On top of that, New Dog had another presumably epilepsy attack and he’s now on medication to help mitigate them, my poor bb. He is, however, thankfully very good at taking said medication and is a Good Boy.
Anyway! That’s all to say that September this year was pretty hellish and I’m tired and I’m down to admitting that 90% of the reason I’m struggling with DemiPrincess2 progress is down to being stressed and anxious all the time and trying to claw my way out of the situation that causes it with no effect. That… should be more depressing than it is, but it feels more manageable somehow to have a reason. If I know what the issue is, I can work to fix it, you know?
Nathaniel is my precious son and I am so very proud of him.
That’s it. That’s the whole review.
Just kidding, of course it’s not the whole review.
Oh, look. I predicted correctly that this would be the month of fail. I did read over 12 books, though!
- 0/12 books
- Meet my deadlines
Nope. No, that’s it. That’s all I’ve got this month.
- 13/12 books
- 0/1 completed proper paper
- 4,206/5,000 words of fiction written
This Month’s Fiction Wordcount: 4,206
This Month’s Non-Fiction Wordcount: 21,925
DemiPrincess2: Sloooooooow progress is slooooooooooow. But also progress. I’ve slowly come to accept that my original excuse for an outline just isn’t going to work too. Uuugh. I just want to finish this story. These are fun characters. But also I have a bajillion stories. I want to tell them! T_T
Stand-out Positive Moment
I visited caves! Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig caves! That were such a nice, cool temperature and learned lots of things about caves that I’ve probably already stuffed in my subconscious memory or tossed entirely because my brain is useless. I have PICTURES of caves. This is in no way relevant for any particular project or anything, it just makes me happy because I’m not good at photography – my hands aren’t steady enough – and I have a ton of pictures that look… at least okay.
ALSO I SAW BEARS! And a bajillion deer. And bison. And I didn’t get anyone lost! (Listen, I manage to get lost on straight lines and buses. This is not a guarantee if you put me in charge of navigation.)
But that made me happy.
This Month on Patreon
- August Wrap-up
- Week 36 Update
- Week 37 Update
- Review: Tarnished Are the Stars by Rosiee Thor
- Lynn Rambles about… Asexual Fairy Tales by Elizabeth Hopkinson
- Guest Interview: Lisa Jenn Bigelow on Hazel’s Theory of Evolution
- Poetry: Unicorns Prancing Through the Woods
- Let’s Play Zork Nemesis #2
- Lynn reads… Haiku courtesy of a summer’s day
- Let’s Read Academics: The Intro of “Making Something Out of Nothing”
- Let’s Play Zork Nemesis #3
- A wild Review appears! And scheduling shenanigans
- Let’s Read Academics: The First Half of Chapter 1 of “Making Something Out of Nothing”
- Lynn reads… The Thing About Autumn
- Let’s Read Academics: The Second Half of Chapter 1 of “Making Something Out of Nothing”
- Let’s Play Zork Nemesis #4
- Week 38 Update
- Lynn rambles about… why articles about asexuality are so bad at including aromanticism
- Let’s Play Zork Nemesis #5
- Let’s Read Academics: The First Half of Chapter 2 of “Making Something Out of Nothing”
How about you? What have you been up to lately? Has anything awesome happened?