Hi, everyone! It’s that time again! Monthly news and accountability!
Life And Other Such Important Matters
Life… continues as it does. We muddle on through and do the best we can. As I write this, I’m side-eyeing a couple of things, but also have some good news. The print editions for my books are coming back! Eventually. I’m currently working through the proofs to make sure they’re all good quality, so have no idea when there’ll be a big announcement yet, but they’re coming!
With print editions coming, so are changes to Patreon! Those will likely roll out in March and they’ll focus on revamping the higher tiers. First I need to have the print books sorted, after all.
This week we’re covering the introduction to Przybylo’s 2019 Asexual Erotics, an academic textbook I am, I admit, just the teensiest bit in book-love with just from reading the introduction. I suspect that short of Przybylo’s explanation of what this book is about, though, very little will be entirely new to many of you. The introduction is very much focused on building up the foundations for Przybylo’s theories about asexuality in the subsequent chapters, but there’s plenty to discuss and highlight still.
4/7 proofs sorted
- Get the final 3 proofs sorted in time for AroWeek
- Redo some of the AroWeek videos
- Write 10,000 words of fiction
- Read 14 books
- Go over nonfiction edits
I had no goals based on expected changes that went sideways, but I’ve still tried to get as much done on the admin side as I could.
This Month’s Fiction Wordcount: 373 (ish)
This Month’s Non-Fiction Wordcount: 0
Promises2: I’ve managed a handful of words on this, but most of January went to rearranging all the changes that I’d previously set in motion and doing admin stuff. Also studying.
Stand-out Positive Moment
I got my package with book proofs! 😀
This Month on Patreon
- January-March 2020 Book Selection
- Short Snippet: Eiryn and the Bird
- Announcement and the continuation of Let’s Read Academics!
- Let’s Read Academics! Gadd’s “Eclectic Affinities” 3/3
- Let’s Read Academics! Schedule (sort of)
- Let’s Read Academics: The Introduction to Ela Przybylo’s “Asexual Erotics”
- Poem: Balanced by Those Horrors
- Lynn Rambles returns with… Are those printed books?
- Lynn rambles about… Star Trek: Picard Season 1, Episode 1
- Let’s Read Academics: Chapter 1 of Ela Przybylo’s “Asexual Erotics”
- WIP: DemiPrincess2 Chapter 11, Part 1
- WIP: Promises2 Chapter 2, Part 1
- WIP: DemiPrincess2 Chapter 11, Part 2
- WIP: Promises2 Chapter 2, Part 2
How about you? What have you been up to lately? Has anything awesome happened?