Hi, everyone! It’s that time again! Weekly updates delivered every Saturday! First a couple of announcements, of sorts. In bullet form!
- Firstly, I don’t say this nearly often enough: a huge thank you to all of my patrons. <3 You all rock! Your support means the world to me especially in these trying times. <3
- The Let’s Read Academics discussion is scheduled for a little later today. Friday (and admittedly today) have not been good mental health days for me.
- Sea Foam and Silence: The Complete Collection is currently free on itchio for anyone who is looking for some soft and gentle reading during these (first) months of pandemic quarantine and social distancing.
- You can also find A Little Gentleness and Other Stories on itchio for free. It’s a free collection of short, cosy stories I’ve shared with Patrons before, so if you’re a Patron this may be a little less interesting (sorry! I’m a slow writer.), but I hope it manages to do you some good during these times if you decide to pick it up. <3 As a note: This collection will not be available through regular eretailers like Amazon or Kobo, so don’t look for it there.
- Also! Some (slow upcoming) changes! I will be splitting off my prose writing into a different pen name, and A Little Gentleness is the first step there. This is also why the ebook of Among the Glimmering Flowers is not available right now. You will (eventually) be able to find my prose work under S.L. Dove Cooper!
- A Little Gentleness was published!
- 50% Print edition of Among the Glimmering Flowers
- 3,543/10,000 words of fiction
- 13/14 books
This Week’s Fiction Wordcount: 143
This Week’s Non-Fiction Wordcount: 0
DemiPrincess1: I got a bit of editing done! Actually, I got all of the editing rereading done. I just need to implement them and the book will be ready to go.
Technically I got a little bit of writing done on a new Covenant story that’s going to be all soothing, all fun when I finish it, but it was so little I didn’t track it at all. 🙁
Life And Other Such Important Matters
Life is… Well… I want to say “Let’s not talk about it”, but… Let’s talk about it a little. Life is more or less what you’d expect given the quarantines everywhere (except I live with people who are, um, NOT GREAT at this), which is uncertain and terrible enough when working as a freelancer and looking for more steady employment. BUT THEN several of my extended family members got hospitalised. They don’t have corona, thankfully, but you know. They are in hospital right now with hospitals struggling to cope as-is and we’re not allowed to visit because corona and. Just. It’s A Lot.
So I’m not going to lie: I am not okay right now. The only reason I am a semblance of okay is that I have a lifetime’s worth of practice pretending to be fine so I can function and, ideally, get to a point where I am fine.
Stand-out Positive Moment
Watching Star Trek: Picard with Matt! Watching with them is a delight. They’re so knowledgeable about Star Trek and science fiction and infinitely better at extrapolating plots than I am. It’s been a blast every week and I will be saddest about Star Trek: Picard‘s conclusion because it means our weekly shared responses to the show are also over. Sulk.
This Week on Patreon
All the Patreon posts from the past week, collected in neat and tidy lists, divided by tier.
How about you? What have you been up to lately? Has anything awesome happened?